Growing up I was a tinkerer. I was the kid always taking things apart, and back then they rarely went back together. By the age of six, I was doing tune ups on my bicycle. While my mom was never thrilled about it, she let me learn from my successes, and failures.
I started my love of cars and tools when I was about 16. My first car was a Jeep, and I started doing little things like taking parts off and refinishing them. Then I moved into doing work on car audio. I was the go to for installing all my buddies’ radios.
After working years of retail, I wanted to shift my passion into a career. I attended automotive tech school, then followed that up with manufacturer specific training. That training landed me a job as a Volkswagen dealer technician. Over the last 12 plus years I have been fixing and maintaining Volkswagens. I have seen a lot of good, and a lot of crazy issues over the years.
- Share my knowledge with other technicians to help them reach their career goals
- Help customers understand some of the scary things about getting their car serviced.
I am currently working as a VW dealership tech. I also do the video show Humble Mechanic. Over the years I have had some awesome opportunities.
- Become the first VW master certified technician in my dealer group
- Assist in revamping the latest A.S.E test for HVAC
- Work with the RedBull GRC team for Tanner Foust.
- Write articles and tool reviews for Tech Shop Magazine.
In addition to that, I have been able to help ton of people with their cars. Anything from advice on getting it fixed at a shop, to producing DIY videos so they can fix their own car, or making smart tool buying choices.