Klein announced their new NCVT-3 non-contact voltage tester that detects the full range of 12 – 1000V AC to accommodate both low and standard voltage environments.
There is an integrated flashlight that works independent of the tester. You could use the flashlight on its own if you really wanted to. The NCVT-3 keeps the Klein standards of dust proof, waterproof, CAT IV 1000V safety rating and drop protection of up to 6.6 ft. (2m), this tool is suitable for any job site.
Let’s take a look at the (Cat. No. NCVT-3) product features as stated by Klein:
- Detects 12 – 1000V AC to cover both low and standard voltage
- Simultaneous visual and audible voltage indicators
- Bright flashlight can be used independent of voltage detection function
- Visual voltage indicator utilizes five vibrant LEDs for easy interpretation and viewing of voltage strength
- Audible voltage indicator beeps at a greater frequency the higher the voltage or the closer it gets to the voltage source
- “Auto Power-Off” conserves and extends battery life
- Screw-thread battery cap with o-ring ensures dustproof and waterproof ingress protection
- Pocket clip provides easy storage and quick access
- IP67: Dustproof and waterproof
- Drop Protection: 6.6 ft. (2 m)
- Safety Rating: CAT IV 1000V
This tester detects a wide range of AC voltage relevant for many practical applications, provides both visual and audible alerts for various job situations, includes a powerful, independent flashlight and is engineered to withstand the rigors of a job — all in a single tool.